Heartburn relief is a common concern many pregnant women have. What causes pregnancy heartburn? The hormone progesterone is released as soon as a woman becomes pregnant and can cause many early pregnancy symptoms. Progesterone causes relaxation of the cardiac sphincter in the stomach which is the muscle between the stomach and the esophagus (food pipe). Relaxation of this muscle allows for some gastric acid and food to flow backwards and re-enter the esophagus. Gastric acid irritates the lining of the esophagus causing a burning sensation in the center of the chest called pregnancy heartburn.
As your baby grows bigger and takes up more room in the abdominal area, the stomach itself is displaced and squashed. The growing uterus or womb can permanently press on the cardiac sphincter of the stomach and allow gastric juices and food to constantly leak back into the esophagus for the duration of your pregnancy. The great news is that once pregnancy is over your body goes back to normal in most cases.
• Try eating yogurt or drinking a glass of milk to relieve symptoms.
• Try a tablespoon of honey in a glass of warm milk.
• Eat smaller, more frequent meals throughout the day rather than three large meals.
• Avoid spicy, greasy, fatty foods, peppers and tomatoes as they produce extra gastric acid.
• Avoid foods that relax the cardiac sphincter of the stomach such as alcohol, peppermint, garlic and chocolate.
• Sleeping with extra pillows under your head to keep your stomach lower than your esophagus works very well to give you a better start to the day and a better night sleep minimizing night time pregnancy heartburn.
• Avoid eating for at least two hours before going to bed is also a great suggestion to minimize pain associated with night time symptoms. Do not lie down after eating to prevent the food from the stomach flowing back into your esophagus.
• Mild over-the-counter antacids such as Mylanta or Tums may prove helpful. If your pregnancy heartburn symptoms are severe or accompanied by headache or swelling (especially if the later stages of pregnancy), consult with your health care provider immediately as you may have pre-eclampsia of pregnancy.
The healthier you are prior to pregnancy and the healthier you eat during pregnancy can have a direct correlation to the amount of pregnancy symptoms you have. Supplement with high quality vitamins, minerals and antioxidants prior and during pregnancy will correct many misalignments within the body which will encourage the stomach to produce the right amount of gastric acid that your body needs for digestion.
Pregnancy can be an extraordinary experience for a woman. It is far more than growing a baby and dealing with issues like heartburn. Pregnancy has a huge emotional, mental, spiritual and energetic side to it. The more you understand these aspects, the easier and less symptomatic your pregnancy will be. Learning how to connect with the emotions of your unborn child will allow you to enhance your pregnancy experience and surrender to its normal physiological process of pregnancy heartburn. Learn how to balance you system during pregnant. Click HERE...
Times have changed! Babies coming into this world are of a higher consciousness. It is time that we as parents learn about the energy dynamics of conception, pregnancy and birth. Read more about this subject by downloading my FREE eBook Birth, Your Birth, Your Choice, Your Reality authored by Midwife Hannah Bajor.
Your Birth, Your Choice, Your Reality is a profound telepathic message my oldest son Kyle transmitted through me when he was seven-week's old. As a Certified Nurse Midwife I stand in awe at the level of consciousness of newborn babies. As humans each of us has a mission, a purpose, a task or job to be done. Maybe my son’s message (grammatically unedited) will get you thinking about your mission, your purpose, your task or job you are here to do as a human being... At seven-week's post partum, I was awakened from a sound sleep at four in the morning. I heard a voice saying, ”Ma wake up, take a pen and paper, and write down this message.” This was a very strange occurrence and for a moment I thought, perhaps I flipped and was going crazy! I kept hearing the same sentence over and over again... Get this eBook click on https://www.Lumalove.com
Hannah Bajor author, midwife of 30 years,
founder and CEO of Lumalove® is recasting what parents-to-be know
about trying to conceive, pregnancy, infertility and miscarriage.
Hannah bridges traditional reproductive health and energy medicine
to help couples access new and dynamic pre conception and prenatal
education. Understanding the energy dynamics of trying to conceive,
pregnancy and birth puts couples on a faster track toward a
healthier pregnancy. It ultimately also gives their unborn child
longstanding benefits that serve him or her well beyond pregnancy.
You can read more about Hannah
Feel FREE to repurpose or duplicate this article or video as long as you also cite the author's Resource Box and About The Author section seen on this page.
Thank you for coming to my website today...